Monday, July 15, 2013

Solution-Minded

This past week, I was very emotional and sad over a situation.

I went to HubbyHubby and cried and talked and talked and talked.

He immediately went into "solution mode" and started to help solve my problem.

I love him for trying to solve my situation, but what I needed was for him to listen.

Here's why:
  • We are emotional and we love to talk it out.
  • Men are black and white, and they love a mission to fix something.

When you need him to just listen and hold you, say just that: "Babe, I just need you to listen."

When you need a solution, ask him for one.

Tip:

Tell him about your problem, ask him to listen and provide a solution--tomorrow. That way, he'll really be listening, and he'll feel excited to be on a mission to solve your problem. And you have an entire day without being bothered by him trying to solve your problem.

Be clear.  Then, thank him for being your hero.


No comments:

Post a Comment